Let's Celebrate the European Day of Conservation-Restoration all over Europe!
Conservator-Restorers invite visitors to their working places: in museums ateliers, private studios, university studios and conservation-restoration sites in monuments. Conservator-Restorers will explain their actual conservation-restoration projects with case studies to the public.
The European Day of Conservator-Restorer aims:
- to raise awareness of the key role of conservation-restoration in safeguarding cultural heritage with policy makers and civil society (public);
- to share knowledge of the complex activity of this discrete profession as an applied science which includes humanities, natural science and intervenes with a code of ethics in the many fields of Cultural Heritage;
- to highlight the respect and discovery of the values for society through the interventions beyond artists and crafts for ensuring the integrity of the material witness to guarantee the authenticity of cultural heritage for identification process of the individual;
- to make transparent the international quality standards of the profession on this high level of competences for safeguarding Cultural Heritage through member associations in 22 European states; and to clarify how this expertise is of value to sustainable tourism and a catalyst for innovation in science for heritage.
Social media campaign
The European Week of Conservation-Restoration will be a social media campaign held from Monday to Saturday (08-14/10/2018) to highlight the European Day of Conservation- Restoration which will happen on the following Sunday.
This European Week of Conservation-Restoration aims:
- to bring Europe’s cultural heritage, history and shared values closer to people;
- to engage the younger generation in the care of cultural heritage;
- to highlight special themes in conservation-restoration which are important in the preservation of Cultural Heritage as authenticity, awareness, access, sustainability
Would you like to know what's going on?
To have ideas, check the webpages of our Members ACRE (Spain) and VDR (Germany)!
Would you like to share with us your planned activities?